Sunday, October 30, 2011

Goats Galore in My Local Town Square


A couple of weeks ago I posted about André Gouiran, my local goatherd poet who, every year in October, organises a big shindig in the next village dedicated to the wonders of the goat. Well, he's just posted a clip of last weekend's event, which stars 360 of the beasties being shepherded (or perhaps that should be goatherded) into the tiny town square.

If you'd like to catch a glimpse of this eccentric local highlight, click here. It's my Facebook page (I haven't managed to find the URL of the clip to post it directly). It's the second post down. The top post (in French) is a piece from La Provence newspaper about the craze for nude hiking in the Montagne Sainte Victoire, the mighty limestone hill immortalised by Cézanne. It's pretty amusing too.

PS don't forget to "like" my Facebook page for regular updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment