Friday, February 10, 2012

Cruising Around The Med Out Of Marseille


I was asked recently to write a piece about cruises departing from Marseille, and I've been (virtually) sailing around the main cruise companies' sites to see just what's on offer. A confession: I've never actually taken a cruise myself. And the surprise for me was the variety of experiences - I was certainly tempted by a couple of them (though others are clearly aimed at a different type of consumer from me!) The Mediterranean cruise business has taken a couple of blows lately - not just from the recent disaster, but from the dockers' strike of the winter of 2010/2011 which blocked the port of Marseille for weeks on end. But that's reflected now in some extremely keen pricing and the summer of 2012 might just be the time to make your/my maiden trip. Click here to read more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment